Friday, November 18, 2016

Game Day with Dad

The past while has been crazy!! I admit, I may have signed myself up for a lot, but through the hard work, it's been a fun and rewarding experience.

On Monday, someone from my ward offered 2 free tickets to the opening home game for BYU basketball. I couldn't pass up the opportunity! I wondered who in the world would enjoy this the most, and the though immediately came--my dad.

For those of you who don't know my dad, he comes from a family full of BYU fans. My dad will literally stand inches from the tv, not sitting down once, eyes glued to the screen the entire game!! I knew I was in for an experience this time!! Many times growing up, I would feel embarrassed by how much he really gets into the games!! (Did I emphasize really?) This time, however, I chose not to be embarrassed, and we had a good time together! We had awesome seats--the best I've ever had at a game since I've always been in the nosebleed section. I was about dying of laughter inside when he was BEGGING me to stand in the student section where a few seats were, because I think he forgot he's not a student!! (They weren't letting people in who weren't students with ROC passes.) He would always stand up and cheer louder than anyone else around us!! Ohh how I wish I could have filmed it!! We ended up both on the edge of our seats most of the game. We ate Kettle Corn and had a good time!

We ended up beating Princeton!! 


It was a nice reminder that sometimes there are spontaneous opportunities we can take hold of, as we all need a break every once in a while to go out there and have some fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS